Supplies in the game Zombies, Run! can be allocated to parts of your town to increase the level of that area. Certain supplies are best allocated to certain areas to increase the level of that area faster than the same item would increase another area (i.e. always allocate weapons to the Armory).
UPDATE: Thanks to Tod, I think we have broken the code... The color of the supplies is how you determine the optimal placement... duh!
Orange is Food, Yellow is Housing, Blue is Comms, Green is Hospital, Red is Armory, Recreation is Gray
Tod has also observed that items seem to have other areas that they affect more significantly than others beyond their primary area (For example, Batteries and First Aid Kit (normally Comms and Hospital respectively) both raised my Armory by about 10%.) Let me know if you confirm this behavior and any specific instances you note.
I'll continue to update this list as I find things.
Let me know if you have found something that I have not yet.
Hospital - GREEN:
- Pain Meds
- Prescription Pain Meds
- First Aid Kit
- Insulin (Tod)
Armoury - RED:
- Baseball Bat (could be recreation...)
- 9mm Ammo
Food - ORANGE:
- Bottled Water
- Tinned Food
Housing - YELLOW:
- Shorts (could be recreation...)
- Trainers (could be recreation...)
- Sports Bra (could be recreation...)
Comms - BLUE:
- USB Key
- Radio (could be recreation...)
- Tool Box
- Mobile Phone
- Power Cable
- Box of Lightbulbs
Recreation - GRAY:
- Chipotle Labs app
- Kensaido Manifesto
- require GPS
- must be turned on in settings
- occurrence is at least partially random (replaying a mission wont have the same number or placement of chases)
- they last for 1 minute
- they require you to exceed your previous pace (30 second average) by 20%
- getting caught causes you to lose supplies (how many?)