A step by step guide
Creating a poster
on Checkthis for Desktop
Step 1: checkthis.com
Step 2: Add text
Italicize your text.
Or apply a
You can also include a link to your favorite site (or as many sites as you wish).
Want to make a bulleted list? No problem.
- Simply choose the list option.
- It makes a nice, orderly list like this.
- See how easy that was?
Step 3: Add a Variety of Rich Content
Add titles, subtitles, and text boxes.
Add photos by importing them from your computer, from your camera, or by copying/pasting any URL for an image hosted elsewhere (i.e.Instagram, Flickr, etc.)
Embed a video from a video hosting service like Youtube or Vimeo. [Note: Currently, videos cannot be uploaded directly from your computer, so you'll need to upload it onto a service before adding it to your poster.]
More (Other Content)
- Google Maps: Paste the URL from Google Maps to share locations.
- Audio: Embed audio hosted on Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc.
- Tweets: Embed a tweet by pasting the specific URL
- Weblink: Add a link to any website and checkthis will automatically make a screenshot and import the title and description of the link.
- Payment: Embed the PayPal app to sell an item. You don't need a PayPal account to use this app. If your item is bought, you will receive an email from PayPal instructing you how to get the money.
- Polls: Embed a poll to ask your visitors something, exactly like the poll we have created below (Try it by voting).
Step 4: Change the Layout
- Add a link to a block of content (available on titles, subtitles, and images).
- Edit the content of the block to replace an image or a video, for example.
- Delete the block of content.
- Move the block of content on the page by dragging and dropping.
Step 5: Make Your Poster Beautiful
Step 6: Adjust the Settings
Each poster has a unique URL that you can share (i.e. checkthis.com/1234). However, if you want a URL that's easier to remember, you can choose your own (i.e. checkthis.com/my-poster) by typing it into the "Vanity URL" field. [Note: Only letters, numbers, underscores, and dashes are allowed. Spaces and special characters will be removed.]
Change the title of your poster title if desired. This is the title that will be displayed when your poster appears in search results via Google or when your poster is shared on Facebook, for example.
Choose to make your poster "public" or "hidden". If hidden, you poster's content will not be indexed by or visible in search engines, nor will it be visible on your Checkthis profile or anywhere else on Checkthis. The sharing tools are disabled, however, be careful who you share the link with—others can still share the link via social networks or by email.
Choose to publish your poster forever or decide to make it expire after a week or a month. Once expired, the poster will only be visible to you in your profile. You will then have the option to republish or delete it.
Step 7: Preview Your Poster
Or, if you want to save and work on your poster later, clicking the preview button will allow you to create an account and save your poster to your profile.
Step 8: Publish and Share
When you're happy with your poster, simply click the green "Publish" button to make it live.
To register, you'll need a Facebook, Twitter, or Google account. There's no need to enter a password and it's fast, safe, and secure—we'll never share anything on your Facebook, Twitter, or Google without asking for your permission. An email address is required to send you notifications of what's happening with your posters (i.e. new comments, traffic, and so on), but you can turn these notifications off whenever you want.
When you're ready, start sharing your poster with whoever you want, wherever you want. You can use our sharing tools, which allow you to post on Facebook and Twitter, and you can share anywhere else by copying and pasting the poster's URL (i.e. in an email, instant message, forums, etc.)